More than ever, companies need to ensure their work environments and practices are respectful of today’s diverse workforce. A key component of many corporate social responsibility (CSR) plans is the commitment to foster a respectful, inclusive workplace. Companies and organizations are increasingly recognizing the importance of diversity training for their staff to support this commitment.
Corridor has developed two comprehensive online learning applications to address the issues surrounding diversity and inclusion. Our Essentials course provides diversity training for staff at all levels, while the Extension course is designed specifically for leaders within your organization. With rich content provided by North America’s leading diversity management expert, Renée Bazile-Jones, these courses use engaging examples, case studies and personal exercises to help learners fully grasp the implications of discrimination and exclusion, and learn how to be proactive in creating an inclusive workplace.
- Valuing Diversity: A Journey to Awareness — Designed for employees at all levels of your organization, this diversity training course will help employees to:
- Understand key diversity and inclusion concepts and why they are important
- Understand attitudinal discrimination, identify stereotypes and become familiar with the Canadian Human Rights Act and Prohibited Grounds of Discrimination
- See how stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination become barriers to valuing diversity and lead to exclusion
- Learn about the Cycle of Prejudice and the importance of being inclusive
- Learn strategies to examine their own behaviours and personal attitudes and break their own Cycle of Prejudice.
- Valuing Diversity: Creating a Respectful Workplace — For supervisors and managers, this course builds on the diversity training in the Essentials course and provides practical solutions and strategies to help leaders actively promote an inclusive environment within their workplace. Topics covered in this course include:
- A closer look a “culture” and tools for managing differences in cultural orientation and resulting behaviours
- Communication strategies to build an inclusive work environment
- The policies and procedures that guide your actions as a leader, how those “rules” impact individual employees, and how to flex those rules to accommodate for individual differences.
Corridor can support your company’s efforts to build an inclusive workplace by raising awareness and educating your staff on the importance of diversity, inclusion and equity.Contact us for more information or view a course demo now!