Companies are increasingly aware of their obligation to foster a safe, respectful and inclusive workplace for all employees, contractors and stakeholders. Indeed, many organizations are strengthening their commitment in this area by including it within their corporate social responsibility (CSR) plan.
Corridor responded to the call for an all-encompassing training program and recently introduced the Creating a Safe & Respectful Workplace Training Bundle. The training bundle combines our highly regarded Diversity & Inclusion training program with our popular Workplace Violence program, offered consecutively for a comprehensive learning experience.
The All Staff Bundle consists of two courses, appropriate for staff at all levels. The combined course content teaches key concepts that form the foundation of a safe and respectful workplace.
- Part 1: Valuing Diversity: A Journey to Awareness — An introduction to diversity and inclusion, in the context of the workplace. Learners explore stereotypes and discrimination, and see first-hand how prejudice evolves and can lead to harassment. This is a reflective journey to help people examine their own behaviours and attitudes, and to learn strategies for being inclusive.
- Part 2: Workplace Violence: Raising Awareness & Minimizing Risk — Understanding why workplace violence and harassment is an important issue, where it comes from, how to minimize risk factors, and how to deal with violence if it occurs.
2. Creating a Safe and Respectful Workplace – Leadership Bundle
The Leadership Bundle is an extension of the All Staff Bundle and also consists of two courses. The training equips leaders with the information and tools they need to actively encourage and promote a safe and respectful workplace.
- Part 1: Creating a Respectful Workplace — Practical solutions and strategies that leaders can use to manage individual differences among team members and cultivate an inclusive, productive work environment.
- Part 2: A Violence-Free Workplace — A guide to help leaders establish strategies to prevent workplace violence and harassment, and to respond appropriately when incidents do occur.